Saturday, August 16, 2008

Motorcycle Trip to the North




Devil's Tower
Tuff Me




Craters of the
Moon

Silly Lynn
Lynn planned a wonderful trip on the motorcycle. Part of the reason for the time of year was that I would have been going back to school , but wasn't cause I am retired. Also I wanted to see the action at Sturgis MotorCycle Rally. We went for 8 days through South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho, and of course Colorado. The weather was mostly warm with some cold mornings where we had all of our riding clothes on. We stayed in Sturgis for an afternoon and saw some wierd people. Our favorite part was the ride along the Green River. The ride over Bear Claw was beautiful, but cold and scarey cause the road was very narrow, gravelly, and in need of repair. Lynn was very tense driving. There were white posts along the road showing where there had been fatal wrecks. I can't believe people whould walk around with painted on clothes in Sturgis!



The picture of Lynn and the sexy girl is from the Full Throttle Bar which is the biggest biker bar in the world. It's about 5 acres with most of it outside with wierd things like a bus upside down and 2 old bridges. The seating is old couches and chairs. We wished we had planned more days and gone to Canada since we got passports last year. It's another trip. We can cross Sturgis off of our Bucket List. The picture of the black rocks is from Craters of the Moon National Park which is a Cinder Cone activity area. Don't I look like a biker chick in my all black? I really appreciate Lynn planning all of this for us. I am sooooo lucky so back off you women.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I was trying to figure out what you were doing to Lynn. Then I read on and realized it wasn't you; it was a barmaid. Then when you were taking the pics from the moving motorcycle, I wanted to say, "Quit taking the pictures and hold on!!!!!"